Union President Resham Singh Gill claimed that the state government has assured a 30 percent increase in salary, an early decision by forming a committee to confirm the employees and adding 850 new buses to the transport fleet.

The meeting held on Tuesday with the Punjab government of the raw workers of Punjab Roadways, PRTC, and PUNBUS, who are on strike regarding their demands, has yielded positive results. Contract workers have deferred their strike till September 29 after getting assurance from the government for a 30 percent increase in salary. The state government has given assurance to the employees to take a decision on the fixed-job soon. After this, buses will start operating in the state from Wednesday.

In Chandigarh, striking workers held a meeting with Sandeep Sandhu, political advisor to Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh, and other officials on Tuesday. Union President Resham Singh Gill claimed that the state government has assured a 30 percent increase in salary, an early decision by forming a committee to confirm the employees and adding 850 new buses to the transport fleet.

Gill told that 8 days’ time was sought from the employees by the government, but the employees have given 14 days to the government. Union President Resham Singh Gill told that the talks in the meeting have been positive. Now if their demands are not implemented within 14 days, they will again jam the wheels of buses from 30 September.

Haryana workers came in support of Punjab Roadways personnel
On the call of the Haryana Roadways Employees Coordination Committee, on Tuesday, in support of the demand to make sure the raw employees of Punjab Roadways, protested for two hours at all the depots of Haryana Roadways. He also submitted a memorandum to the General Managers in the name of the Chief Minister of Punjab.

Senior leaders of Haryana Roadways Employees Coordination Committee Inder Singh Badhana, Sarbat Singh Poonia, Dalbir Kirmara, Azad Singh Gill, Naseeb Jakhar, Dinesh Hooda, Balwan Singh Dodua, and Balbir Jakhar said that in Punjab only 2700 people including Punjab Roadways, PRTC, and PUNBUS There are buses only, which is very less in proportion to the population. Only 10 percent of the total employees are pucca, the remaining 90 percent are raw.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here