Taking oath today. 7 new faces in the Channi cabinet. Leave fixed for 5 old ministers.
The swearing-in is scheduled to take place today after the announcement of the names of the ministers to be included in the cabinet headed by Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi. The elected ministers will take oath at 4.30 pm. On Saturday, Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi had met Governor Banwari Lal Purohit and sought time for the swearing-in.
According to the information, in the meeting which lasted for four hours from 10 pm on Friday night at Rahul Gandhi’s residence in New Delhi, the list of ministers which has been given the green signal, along with the inclusion of 7 new faces, 5 ministers of the Captain’s cabinet. has been removed.
According to sources, the final list of ministers includes Brahm Mohindra, Rana Gurjit, Manpreet Badal, Tript Rajinder Bajwa, Sukhbinder Singh Sarkaria, Aruna Chaudhary, Razia Sultana, Dr. Raj Kumar Verka, Bharat Bhushan Ashu, Vijay Inder Singla, Gurkeerat Kotli, Raja The names of Vading, Sangat Singh Giljian, Kaka Randeep Singh, Pargat Singh, Kuljit Singh Nagra are included.
At the same time, Balbir Sidhu, Rana Gurmeet Sodhi, Gurpreet Singh Kangar, Sadhu Singh Dharamsot, and Sunder Sham Arora, who were in the Captain’s cabinet, have been dropped from Channi’s cabinet.
Chief Minister Channi has held two meetings with the party high command in New Delhi during the last two days to finalize his cabinet. Channi had returned to Chandigarh on Friday morning after a marathon meeting with Rahul Gandhi that lasted from 10 pm to around 2 pm on Thursday. He was accompanied by Navjot Singh Sidhu and both the Deputy CMs.
But on Friday evening, Rahul Gandhi again called him to Delhi and he reached Delhi again in the evening. After this, a marathon meeting was held again at Rahul Gandhi’s residence in the night and the four leaders including Channi returned to Chandigarh on Saturday morning. There were speculations about these two meetings that the final decision regarding the cabinet could not be taken. But on Saturday morning, when the Chief Minister sought an appointment with the Governor, it became clear that the Chief Minister was going to meet the Governor to fix the swearing-in program.
New faces in Channi cabinet
- Dr. Rajkumar Verka – A strong leader of Scheduled Castes. The leader was close to the Captain, but was not made a minister.
- Sangat Singh Giljian – In the year 2007, the Captain had cut the ticket. Leader of the opposing faction of Capt.
- Amarinder Singh Raja Vading- Close to Rahul Gandhi. He was the National President of Youth Congress. Close to Sidhu.
- Pargat Singh- Former captain of the hockey team. Left Akali and joined Congress. Captain’s arch-rival. Close to Sidhu.
- Kuljeet Singh Nagra- Has been the opponent of Captain from the beginning. As soon as Sidhu became the president, he was made the working president of Punjab Congress.
- Gurkeerat Singh Kotli- Former CM is from Beant Singh family. Ignoring the Captain, got closer to Sidhu.
- Rana Gurjit Singh- Was a cabinet minister in the year 2017. On being accused of sand and gravel, the captain was thrown out of the cabinet.
- Charanjit Singh Channi – Chief Minister
- Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa – Deputy Chief Minister
- OP Soni – Deputy Chief Minister
- brahm mohindra
- Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa
- Manpreet Singh Badal
- Vijay Inder Singla
- Sukhbinder Singh Sarkaria
- Razia Sultana
- Bharat Bhushan Ashu
- Aruna Chowdhary
(The final decision has been taken by the high command for the ministers of the Captain’s cabinet who are also getting a chance in the new cabinet. Almost all these ministers are among the senior leaders of Punjab Congress and the party has a tendency to ignore such experienced leaders in the election season. Can’t take the risk.)
No place in the new cabinet
- Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi
- Sunder Shyam Arora
- Balbir Singh Sidhu
- Gurpreet Singh Kangar
- Sadhu Singh Dharamsot (During the last five months of the Captain-Sidhu controversy, the ministers of the Captain’s government who were most vocal against the opposition camp, but were easily ousted by the Channi and Sidhu duo due to lack of strong penetration in the high command)
Will go to seek Captain’s blessings: Channi
Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi on Saturday said he would soon visit former Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh and seek his blessings after the ministers in the cabinet were sworn in on Sunday. He said that he himself and all the ministers of his cabinet would meet Capt.
All ministers will get new Innova vehicles
While the preparations for the allotment of government bungalows have started for all the ministers of the Channi cabinet, the state government has decided to give new Innova vehicles to all the ministers. It is learned that the government has released a budget of Rs. That is, there is no need to be surprised if all the ministers appear in new vehicles next week after the swearing-in.