Private buses will continue to operate so that the common man is not inconvenienced during the journey. All private buses are being operated from within the stand itself. Since September 6, the contract workers of PUNBUS, Roadways, and PRTC are on indefinite strike in Punjab. On Wednesday, employee leaders will hold talks with Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh.

The contract workers of Punjab Roadways, PRTC, and PUNBUS, who were on an indefinite strike for their demands, did not allow government buses to run on Tuesday as well. However, after Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh’s invitation for talks, the striking workers averted the gherao of the Siswan Farm House.

The employees have parked more than 2000 buses at 27 depots of Punjab Roadways and PRTC. Only 200 buses ply on the roads due to which the commuters had to face huge difficulties. Union leaders say that union leaders have a meeting with the CM on Wednesday. If there is no result in this meeting, then they can declare the next struggle.

Buses will not run on Wednesday also. Union leaders will organize a motorcycle rally at the local level. Punjab Roadways PUNBUS-PRTC Contract Workers Union Ludhiana Depot Head Shamsher Singh Dhillon said that due to the strike of the last two days, the transport department has suffered a loss of Rs.8 crore.

  • These are the main demands
  • Regularize all contract workers
  • 10 thousand new buses should be included
  • reinstatement of sacked personnel on petty charges

Haryana employees support Punjab Roadways strike
Haryana Roadways Workers Union has supported the indefinite strike of all the raw workers of Punjab Roadways, PRTC, PUNBUS starting from September 6. Union State President Inder Singh Badhana and General Secretary Sarbat Singh Poonia said that raw workers are being exploited under the privatization policies of the Punjab government.

There are very few buses in Punjab combined with all three roadways. Only 10 percent of the total employees are pucca, the remaining 90 percent of the employees are raw. The raw employees are not being confirmed even after completing 10 years of service. Their demand is that the Punjab government should meet all the demands by talking to the leaders of the raw workers.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here