- On Monday, PM Modi had announced that from June 21, a free corona vaccine would be given to all the states. For this, the government will buy the vaccine from the vaccine manufacturers and give the vaccine to the state government according to the population, infection, and need of the people.
After Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on Monday to provide free corona vaccine to all, the central government has ordered the purchase of 74 crore vaccine doses and has also made an advance payment for it. This corona vaccine will come between August and December. The special thing is that this vaccine of Corona will be given by three companies Bharat Biotech, Serum Institute of India, and Biological E. Apart from this, some more vaccines will also come soon.
PM Modi announced that from June 21, a free corona vaccine will be given to all the states. For this, the government will buy the vaccine from the vaccine manufacturers and give the vaccine to the state government according to the population, infection, and need of the people. Immediately after this announcement, information was given by the Central Government on Tuesday that for this, the Central Government has booked 74 crore vaccine doses in advance.
Where will you get 74 crore vaccine doses?
- The Union Health Ministry has ordered 250 million doses of Covishield to Serum Institute of India and 190 million doses of Covaxin to Bharat Biotech.
- These 44 crores (25 + 19 crore) doses of corona vaccines will be available from June to December.
- For the purchase of both the Kovid vaccines, 30 percent amount has been released in advance to Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech.
- The Health Ministry has made arrangements with Hyderabad-based vaccine manufacturer Biological-E to reserve 30 crore vaccine doses. For this, the Union Health Ministry has made an advance payment of Rs 1500 crore to M/s Biologicals-E. The vaccine dose of Biological-E will be given between August-December.
- According to the government, from the beginning of vaccination till July, the government will get 536 million doses and after that, these vaccines will come. These vaccines will come between August and December.
There are only three companies, which will give this much vaccine to the central government in the next few months. It doesn’t have Russia’s Sputnik, which has already been approved. Apart from this, there are some more corona vaccines that will be available in the coming days like Zydus Cadila, Novavax, Genova’s Corona Vaccine.
At the same time, the government hopes that the situation will be much better after August. That is, after two-three months, India will have a stockpile of vaccines. India will get 216 crore vaccine doses from these companies between August and December.
Company Number of Vaccine Doses
- Covishield 75 Cr
- Covaccine 55 cr
- Biological E 30 Cr
- Zydus Cadila 05 cr
- Novavax 20 cr
- Bharat Biotech Nasal 10 cr
- Jehovah 06 cr
- Sputnik V 15.6 Cr
These do not include vaccines that have been approved for emergency use by the US, UK, Japan, European countries or the World Health Organization. That is, the vaccines of Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson are not included in it. When she comes, this number is expected to cross 250 crores.
After the announcement of Prime Minister Modi’s vaccine, the central government has issued an advisory, which will be fully implemented from June 21. According to this, 75 percent of the vaccines being produced by the vaccine manufacturers in the country will be procured by the central government and the purchased vaccines will be given free of cost to the states and union territories. At the same time, according to the population of the states, the number of infected, and the speed of vaccination, the central government will give the vaccine.
After the announcement of the PM, now all the responsibility lies with the central government, so the government has made all its preparations so that the situation does not happen as it happened during the vaccination of the age group of 18 to 44 years in the states after May. Significantly, during this period, many states were facing a shortage of vaccines, due to which the state had to close many vaccination centers.
Center will spend Rs 1.45 lakh crore for free vaccines and ration
In the midst of the second wave of Corona, the central government will have to bear an additional expenditure of more than Rs 1.45 lakh crore to provide free vaccines to the people of the age group of 18-44 and free ration to the poor. PM Modi has made these two big announcements in his address to the country on Monday.
According to sources, to provide free vaccines to adults, the government will have to spend between Rs 45 to 50 thousand crores. Whereas the government had made a budget of Rs 35 thousand crores for this item. Similarly, the government will have to spend Rs 1.10 to 1.30 lakh crore to provide 5 kg of wheat or rice and one kg of pulses every month till Diwali to 80 crore people of the country.
In this way, the total expenditure can be more than 1.45 lakh crores. Sources have indicated that the government would have received an estimated amount of over Rs 99,122 crore as a dividend from the RBI. Apart from this, there is still good revenue from taxes on petrol and diesel. On the basis of these two, the government will bear the cost of free vaccines and ration.